Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Adventure Begins (que climactic music)

I've decided to start this blog so that I could keep all of my loyal fans, subjects and family tuned into what it is I do. Especially now that I've actually done something interesting...that would be moving to the other side of the world. In case you missed it, I packed all of my belongings (those that would fit in 2 bags weighing 50lbs) on October 3rd and moved to Wellington, New Zealand. I think I drove my mom crazy packing, unpacking and repacking but I made it work all in one day...and I have a good amount of my makeup that weighed about 20lbs on it's own. I could probably use some more clothes but I have priorities people.

My trip was fairly uneventful and I'm ok with that. I made all of my planes, I got a little nervous on the Auckland to Wellington flight due to late departure out of L.A. (where I was bummed about not seeing anyone famous. no one.) then the line at customs was a bit long and I still had to take a nice walk to the domestic terminal in the drizzling rain. Basically when I arrived at the ticket counter, the very nice girl told me exactly where to go and to do it quickly as the plane would be boarding shortly. Then she told me that my carry-on baggage was too big and I no longer liked her. (it's just a joke, I know that she was just doing her job. but really...it would have fit)

I arrived in Wellington on Monday, October 5th. I lost an entire Sunday of my life...just skipped right over it, but it's ok because I'm in the future. Nicole was there to greet me where we squealed for a bit and caused a scene, it only could have been better if Tara and her infectious laugh were there as well...talk about a head turner. (love you) We made our way to the one and only baggage carousel which was now littered with the contents of my suitcase spilled about...no, no that did not happen. I have wonderful Travelpro Luggage that can withstand the likes of American Airlines, Qantas and Air New Zealand, all of my belongings were perfectly in-tact. Including my makeup, yes, I checked. We were doing awesome until Nicole mentioned something about a 'cold snap'....

A 'cold snap' is the term that these here Kiwis like to use to explain unseasonable weather. We're supposed to be going into Spring here and yet we're having Southerly winds. Now, I'm sure it's been a while since you've checked a globe but do you know what's Southern of New Zealand? Antarctica. ANTARCTICA! The first few days here were interesting with the winds and the rain, but it's gotten better and yesterday was really lovely.

Since I've been here:
I have eaten different foods
ridden a bus that was not operated by Walt Disney World
just about froze
had a job interview (updates later)
made some friends
felt an earthquake (4.8)
had my accent made fun of
fell in love with the electric blanket
cooked (I know!!)
learned to count money all over again
and have almost died several times on '*the hill'.

Hopefully my blog will bring you joy and deepened enlightenment...or just a good laugh. I will try my best to update on the happenings in my life here and also maybe have a few regular segments like "Has Michelle died on 'the Hill'?" and 'The Kiwi adventures of Edward Cullen'. Stay Tuned!!

* 'the hill' requires it's very own posting along with pictures.

5 comments:

  1. Definitely received some laughs from us :) I'm so glad you are doing this. Now I won't feel so far away and disconnected from you! Love you and look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed! Thanks for sharing your adventure. Looking forward to more! Love You KJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michelle, Hope you are doing well.We certainly do miss you.Hope you are having fun.send some pictures our way. Love Dad and PEggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. MICHELLE
    I LOVE YOU AND WE MISS YOU. TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF. EAT PROPERLY AND GET A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP EVERY NIGHT. LET US HEAR FROM YOU.
    LOVE YOU.

    GRANDMOTHER LUNA AND GRANDADDY BILL CLARK
    LUGOFF, SC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Chelle, Great Job. WE love ya. Peggy and daddy

    ReplyDelete