Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fondue beim Schweizer Klub (fondue with the Swiss Club)

Nicole, Manuel and I had the opportunity last Saturday night to join friends Andrea and Felix for traditional fondue dinner at the Wellington Swiss Club. It was such a great time! Nicole and me in front of the Swiss flag!This is all of us enjoying our yummy food! I should have gotten a picture to show you how many people were actually there because there were sooo many. It's all different ages too, elderly to infants. We noticed that some people had their entire families there. They have a house that they have these meetings and dinners in regularly.
This is me with Felix(left) and Manuel(right). We questioned Felix and Andrea about everything that we know of that's Swiss...we only came up with two things, the cheese and the army knives. Neither of which actually have the 'Swiss' in their title.
Andrea and Nicole waiting for dessert I think. The food was just so good!
Edward even showed up! We tried giving him this little piece of bread...But it was just go good that I guess he felt like he needed more. I'm not sure exactly why my face looks so weird but I think it's because I'm saying something like 'nicole, make sure I'm not in this...' Clearly she's a great listener.

We even got to meet with the President of the Swiss Club...not just Wellington's branch but all of New Zealand! He was even excited to meet Edward and asked if 'he was going to show up on the YouTube?'
Somehow we ended up singing Christmas songs, signed up to join the Swiss carol choir, ended the night by washing all the dishes and were the last to leave. So basically they love American girls now! We're now looking into joining more clubs for the food...and social activity. But really for the food.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a real good time Michelle.
    KJ

    ReplyDelete