Thursday, October 22, 2009

I got a job!

So one of the reasons that I decided to come to New Zealand was to hopefully get a job working in the film industry. Specifically on The Hobbit which is the next big thing happening here. However, this film has been pushed back until after Christmas maybe even until February. So I needed something to keep me busy and pay the bills, I was blessed enough to get a job at the first...and only place that I applied! I will be starting at Farmer's, New Zealand's number one department store that is just celebrating their 100th anniversary, on Wednesday in the Fine Fragrances department. It only took about 3 interviews, multiple phone calls and 2 paperwork stop-ins but I have a job and that's all that matters. I've had the chance to meet a few of the people and everyone seems very nice. Pictures to come soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, Great blog, I am so proud of you.I would never go clear across the country. I am glad you got a job doing something you are familer with.Daddy is in Virginia selling beef jerky.He's really proud of you too.Keep up the good work.I pray that you will be very careful with everything you do and everywhere you go.You look like you have some pretty cool friends. LOVE YOU CHELLE Peggy Clark

    ReplyDelete